The Mayoress of El Alto, Eva Copa, signed Municipal Decree No.142, regulating Law No. 689 of “Rebajita Tributaria” (Little Tax Discount) which condones fines and interests of delayed taxes on real estate and 1995 to 2019 railcars.
1. What is the purpose of the “Rebajita Tributaria“?
This benefit is intended to benefit low-income families, most of whom had to go through different problems during the whole stage of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Likewise, the aforementioned Municipal Law allows a 100% remission of fines and interest in favor of taxpayers who pay their taxes between August and September. 70% in October and November, and 40% until December of this year.
Among other benefits, the Law will allow many people who have accumulated debts to pay in installments, even after the end of the term.
According to the Mayoress, it is estimated that the collection will reach 20 million bolivianos with this Law, reflecting it in infrastructure works to improve the quality of life of the people of El Alto.
2. What are the regulations, and how can they be accessed?
According to Page Seven, the provisions of the aforementioned regulation are summarized as follows:
- The Rebajita Tributaria is valid for 150 days, five months. It will be in effect from August 3 until December 29.
- The tax remission and amnesty will be divided into three phases: the first phase runs from August to September and offers a 100% discount on fines and interest.
- The second phase runs from October to November, applying a 70% discount.
- The third phase includes November and December, with a 40% discount.
- The municipal regulation also offers payment plans including discounts and exceed the term of the regulation.
- By taking advantage of one of these benefits, the neighbor avoids being subject to future tax proceedings and regularizes the situation of his equity.
- The “Rebajita” goes from 1995 to 2019 because the 2020 management taxes are in force for payment this year.
- Until the end of August, last year’s tax can be paid with a 15% discount, and in the last four months of the year, a 10% discount will be applied.
The improving collection and help the families affected by the Coronavirus pandemic are expected, applying the Law and its regulations.
Source: Página Siete 06/08/21