Through Resolution Ex. SII No. 96 of 2021, the Internal Revenue Service enables platforms, instructs on requirements, and sets procedures to request additional variable bonuses and bonuses for the payment of contributions.
1. What are the Additional Variable Bonus and Bonus for the payment of contributions?
The former is a tax bonus payable only once and amounts to the result from multiplying by three an equivalent to the average of the Value Added Tax (hereinafter VAT) tax debit declared in each of the twelve months of the calendar year 2019 and with a ceiling of $2,000,000 for individuals or legal entities that meet the requirements set forth in Law 21.354.
The latter is also a tax charge and delivered only once, whose purpose is to allocate it exclusively to the payment of social security contributions of its workers, equivalent to the greater amount resulting from the accrual of social security contributions of January, February, and March of 2021 or the last month that registers declared and unpaid contributions, if no workers registered during that period (January, February, or March 2021), as appropriate.
2. What are the requirements to apply for the aforementioned bonds?
The copulative requirements that beneficiaries must meet to obtain the additional variable bonus are as follows:
- Comply with the requirements established to qualify for the relief bonus to MSEs and indicated in Resolution Ex. SII No. 68, dated 31.06.2021. That is:
- Natural or legal persons who have reported the start of activities in the first category to the Internal Revenue Service as of 03.31.2020, whether or not exempt from paying VAT.
- Annual income from sales and services of the line of business is greater than 0.01 and less than 25,000 UF (Unidad de Fomento – Unit Development) in the calendar year 2020, considering the UF value as of 12.31.2020.
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Obtaining income from sales and services of the line of business for at least two months, continuous or discontinuous, during the 2020 or 2021 calendar year, or
- Hiring at least one worker during the calendar year 2020, according to the information filed to the SII (Suministro de Información Inmediata – Provision of Immediate Information) in the Affidavit No. 1887, on salaries, other components of remuneration, and withholdings of the single second category tax of the Income Tax Law.
- Fulfilling the requirements to be eligible for the Pro SME Regime of the Income Tax Law as of 12.31.2020.
- Not carrying out financial or insurance activities, according to the economic activity codes of the Internal Revenue Service.
On the other hand, the copulative requirements that beneficiaries must meet to obtain the bonus for the payment of contributions are as follows:
- Complying with the above requirements, except for the limit on annual income from sales or services of the business.
- Having the worker(s) the effects of their work contracts suspended at any time between the entry into force of Law 21.227 and 03.31.2021, and provided they have received at least one draft or payment from the Severance Funds Management Company under said suspension.
- Hiring up to 49 workers, under provisions of Article 505 bis of the Labor Code as of March 31, 2021.
3. Bonus Request
The aforementioned bonus may be requested once only, during two months from the expiry of one month for requesting the relief bonus, i.e., as of 08.18.2021 until 10.18.2021.
For these purposes, applicants must enter the electronic platform enabled by this Service on its website www.sii.cl , indicating the form or means of payment to choose among those available.
The payment of the bonus shall be made by the General Treasury of the Republic within 20 calendar days from the date that the SII notifies the beneficiary the respective bonus has been issued, depending on the means of payment chosen by the applicant, among those available.
This resolution seeks to regulate the delivery of the aforementioned bonds. For more details on the bonds, click here.